The Penned & Pained stamp set by Stampin’ Up! is just perfect for a spring card. The card I designed for this blog hop contains a very generic sentiment on the card front so that the card is ready for just about any occasion.
My modus operandi when working on a stamping project is to, first, cut out my card stock and collect scraps of the needed colors from my scrap bin. Secondly, I stamp as much as I can before assembly.
In this instance, the sentiment is stamped directly on the upper forth of the Whisper White panel for the front of the card and the flower is stamped on a scrap of Whisper White that will accommodate the largest Stitched Oval die.
Let’s look at the stamping of the flower (also discussed in an earlier blog post last week).
The images immediately above demonstrate the two step stamping process that is used with the Penned & Painted stamps.Fortunately the stamp has an arrow at the top of each of these stamps that is used to assist you in lining up the second stamp (outline) for a cleaner image. The stem and leaves also use two steps for stamping in the same manner (the green background is used only to set off the piece of Whisper White for photographing, it has nothing to do with the project). After stamping the flower and its stem and leaves, use the largest Stitched Oval die to cut out the image.
- Adhere the Serene Scenery DSP panel to the bottom (long side) of the Whisper White panel.
- Adhere the ribbon across the front of the card just below the top of the DSP panel.
- Adhere the Whisper White Stitched Oval with flower to the scalloped Pear Pizzazz oval.
- Use dimensionals to adhere the oval layers to the card front.
- On the interior Whisper White message panel lie a coordinating piece of designer washi tape across the bottom (long edge) and adhere this message panel to the inside of the card.
A list of Stampin’ Up! supplies and the card stock cuts are found later in this blog post.
This lovely card can be used for almost any occasion.
If you get lost along the way, here are the participants for the hop:
March 1 – 31 Host Code:
Use this host code when you order to receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code (you’ll still get the free gift). The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2016-16 Annual Catalog or the 2017 Occasions Catalog. Please see my Rewards page for full details.
- To visit my online store, click here.
- To shop the Clearance Rack, click here.
- Earn Free Stampin’ Up! products by joining my Customer Rewards program
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ up! merchandise, too! Please contact me for more information.
Stampin’ Up! products used to create this project:
Card stock cuts for this project
- Pear Pizzazz (2): 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″; and scrap about 3″ x 4″ for scalloped oval
- Whisper White (3): cut 2 panels at 4″ x 5-1/4″, one for interior message panel and second for layering panel on the front; and scrap about 3″ x 4″ for stamped panel
- Serene Scenery DSP stack: 5-1/4″ x 2″ panel for base of card front