It’s that time again! Time for another Inkin’ Krew blog hop. This month we are creating projects for Mother’s Day or a feminine card. I’ve chosen to feature the specialty designer series paper Affectionately Yours. This DSP is truly magnificent but, sadly, will not be available from Stampin’ Up! after May 31st, 2017.
The specialty designer series paper Affectionately Yours is truly magnificent and, sadly, will not be available from Stampin’ Up! after May 31st, 2017. The sentiment is the only “stamping” on this particular card, making this a very quick and easy creation. The sentiment, “Hoping Your Day IS Perfect,” is versatile and the hand written interior message can pin point the occasion—birthday, thank-you, etc., or can easily be used to send a simple note.
As usual, I started my project by cutting out the card stock (please see measurements near the end of this post.
The base of the card is Night of Navy with a landscape orientation. Beginning about one-third of the way from the top, I tore the paper to produce the ragged look.
Next I wrapped the 1/8″ On-Trend Gold Ribbon and tied a bow on the top part of the Night of Navy card front. The piece of Affectionately Yours specialty designer series paper was then adhered with SNAIL to the front of the card beneath the Night of Navy.
I stamped the sentiment from the Suite Sentiments stamp set in VersaMark Ink on a scrap of Daffodil Delight card stock, sprinkled it with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder, and heat embossed it. The sentiment was then cut our with a circle from the Stitched Frames framelits dies.
The sentiment was adhered to the front of the card using dimensionals.
A piece of the dark Affectionately Yours Washi Tape was placed near the bottom of the interior message panel of the card.
You’ll find a complete list of supplies for this project, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
If you get lost along the way, here are the participants for the hop:
April 1 – 30th Host Code: GDDDXKEJ
Use this host code when you order to receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code (you’ll still get the free gift). The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2016-16 Annual Catalog or the 2017 Occasions Catalog (as long as the item is still available). Please see my Rewards page for full details.
- To visit my online store, click here.
- To shop the Clearance Rack, click here.
- Earn Free Stampin’ Up! products by joining my Customer Rewards program
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ up! merchandise, too! Please contact me for more information.
Stampin’ Up! Supply List
Card Stock Cuts
- Night of Navy: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored on the long side at 4-1/4″.
- Whisper White: 4″ x 5-1/4″ interior message panel
- Daffodil Delight: scrap about 3″ square
- Affectionately Yours specialty designer series paper: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/8″
Be sure to place orders before the sun sets on these items May 31!
- Promotion dates: April 10–May 31, 2017 beginning at 1:00 PM (MT).
- No minimum purchase required.
- Retiring items may be added to all orders.
- Retiring items are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- All retiring items will be discontinued after May 31.
- All retiring accessories and tools are available while supplies last.
- Due to high demand for retiring stamp sets, Stampin’ Up! will keep producing retiring stamp sets until May 22. After May 22, all retiring stamp sets will be available while supplies last.
- Order Deadlines: May 31, 2017, by 11:55 PM (MT)